Monday, April 30, 2012

CASE Study Challenge::Study #88

Hey Bloggers!  Hope you had a great weekend.  The weather here in New England has been EXCEPTIONAL.  Lots of sunshine.  So much so I might even plant my dahlias before the Mother's Day planting date.  My husband has already turned the fountain on so the birds can play in their own little tub.

Today's card is a part of my current project "Alice in Wonderland".  I was inspired by the colors used in Laurie Schmidlin's beautiful card showcased on the CASE STUDY website.  Here's the link in case you want to take a look for yourselves:  http://casestudychallenge.blogspot.com/2012/04/case-study-challenge-88.html

When I made this card I was trying to upcycle things and use up scraps.  The Rabbit, by Stampington, is stamped with brown StazOn ink on an old credit card that was covered in gesso mixed with acrylic paints and then edged with an oil based gold pen.  The flowers were cut with Tim Holtz's Tattered Florals die.  The paper on the right edge is part of a Masterboard that I made called Time Flies, it incorporates time stamps randomly stamped with Ranger's Broken China ink and Frayed Burlap.  I used some of the 7 Gypsies tissue tape to cover the edge and a few torn pieces of book paper in the corner.  I couldn't resist a little bling.  A few amber rhinestones and a circle punch of mica satisfied my bling needs.
I want to thank all of you for stopping by to check out what I'm doing.  I appreciate your interest and your comments more than you know!  Big Hugs,  Renee

6 comments:

  1. Awesome texture around that fellow! Love all the type too, so many different versions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the ephemera that you used. It made your card very artsy. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card, very artistic! Thanks for playing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I mentioned you for the grand ending of my A-Z blogging challenge!
    Phew, so happy it is done~ Thanks Renee :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this image and all your extras...this is fun!

    ReplyDelete