I've been playing around mixing the paints, watering them down, sponging them through stencils, all the usual techniques and must admit I am a fan. A little bit of the paint goes a long way and it blends beautifully. The pallets are all different sizes as you can see in the photo. I chose one that measures 6" by 6" for my first project and used the mini stencils, collage kits and clips to decorate with. Here's what I created as my first small wall hanging.
- 6" by 6" Art-C wood Pallet
- Art-C paints: Gel Stain: Blue, Chestnut; Metallic Paint: Gold; Ultra Chalk: White
- Art-C Adhesive Stencils: Chevron & Lattice
- Art-C Clips
- Art-C Collage Kits: Word Play, Ephemera, Botanical
- The Groove Tool
3. Rinse off the first stencil, adhere the Chevron stencil and apply White Ultra Chalk Paint with a sponge.
4. Use a bottle cap and the white paint to make circles on the board, apply some of the Chestnut Gel Stain to a craft mat, mix it with water, load a paint brush and flick droplets onto the board for added interest. Allow to dry. The edges were distressed with the Gold Metallic paint and followed up with black ink to tone it down a little. Just use a blending tool to apply a small amount of black ink to the edges. Lines were made with an old credit card and the black ink pad.