Sunday, July 30, 2017

A Steampunk Mirror

I love to recycle or alter items I continue to find in the house that are not really being used.  Some things have just been relegated to the book case, behind books, just barely peeking out.  Sleep often eludes me and I can't stand to just lay in bed, so I sneak into my studio in the wee hours of the morning and use that quiet time to create.  This time I used my new Finnabair Patina Effect Paints in Blue and Red Rust plus a few metal objects to give an old mirror new life.


I won't hide this behind any books now!  Thanks for stopping by-hugs-Renee

5 comments:

  1. This mirror looks so great! I love the petina and rust look with the steampunk bits and butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Renee!! Looks as though it was aged from time- well done!!
    Hoping all is well with you-
    Jackie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really did an amazing job on totally transforming this mirror. Those colors are delish!!!!!

    ReplyDelete