Monday, October 8, 2018

Hurricane Florence, local floods and a new stencil from StencilGirl Products

We had quite a scare with the recent hurricane (Florence) that skirted past our area and then the subsequent local flooding.  We boarded up our house and literally fled as quickly as we could to Atlanta, GA for nearly a week to get out of harm's way.  As soon as we returned we heard about the flooding heading our way from North Carolina so we sandbagged our house with scores of sandbags and yards of heavy plastic.  Our neighbors reported snakes in their yards that were being displaced from a local river that was rising.  That was eerie!  I have been leery about walking into the backyard ever since, I take a good look around wherever I step.  Now we're gearing up just a little for what we hope will only be a Tropical Storm (Michael) when it gets to South Carolina.  Better a tropical storm than any "category" hurricane.  

So I needed something nice to brighten my mood and Mary Beth Shaw provided that!

A couple of weeks ago I entered my name in a contest to win a StencilGirl Products ATC stencil and look at what I won!  This is Seth Apter's new ATC stencil and it has been a real pleasure to use this over the past few days.  There are many different artists who have created stencils using this format which is great when you're making a lot of ATCs.  With this stencil I'm not fighting the excess areas that I don't want to use, it makes the process very simple.  Just click on the link below to take a look at the new collection.




ATC Mixup Apter Stencil designed by Seth Apter


Here's a group of the ATCs I've made using this tool with ink and Tim Holtz's paper dolls.  I added some of Prima's micro beads for a touch of bling.


Your limits are only your imagination!  Thank you Mary Beth and Stencil Girl Products for my new fun stencil, it's made me really happy.


Take care and thanks for stopping by!
Hugs ~ Renee

4 comments:

  1. These are wonderful and so colorful and fun! I pray the weather finds favor for y'all, and that the snakes stay away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Renee!! I love what you are creating~ I, too am using Tim Holtz ancestors in my art~ So, fun!! I know so, sad about all the damage from Florence~ Take Care and keep creating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Renee! The weather and Mother Nature certainly have not been very nice to you and your neighbors! Snakes??? EWE!!!!
    Congratulations on the win!!!Those atc's you made are adorably fabulous!! And you know what? I bet that stencil would work great on ATCoins!! hint hint!
    Take care my friend and be safe, I keep you in my thoughts and prayers!
    Jackie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I doubt my comment will publish, but I’ll try anyway. I am glad to hear you left the area during the Hurricane. Now I hope all is well and you weren’t flooded. These are great ATC sized stencils and you’ve worked your usual artistic talents magic with them. They are fantastic backgrounds for the paper dolls.

    ReplyDelete