Saturday, January 4, 2020

Create more art by recycling tea bags

As you know I'm a big fan of re~purposing every part of my afternoon tea/bags/canister.  Today I'm sharing a group of tea bags that have been dried, emptied and used as a canvas for my art.  I applied the Gouache paint with my GelliPlate and then added the Tim Holtz paper dolls and Small Chit Chat stickers on top of that.  The art was further enhanced with a Stabilo pencil and a white Uni-ball Signo white broad pen.  I used Jane Davenport's Paint Over pens blended down to apply a small smudge of color on some of the faces and clothing.




In the meantime I'll just keep sipping my afternoon tea and saving the bags.

Hugs - Renee

4 comments:

  1. I love this Renee!!!
    Not tried yet the fun to recycle teabags, but I want to of course! :)
    Thanks for this very lovely panel and set of samples.
    Happy New Year, I wish you a good health, and to stay creative possibly a lot ;-)
    Hugs,
    Coco

    ReplyDelete
  2. These altered tea bags look awesome! It’s a great art use for those fun Tim Holtz Paper Dolls. I love new and inspiring ideas. Enjoy your tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I applaud you, Renee, for such beautiful repurposing of something that 99.9% of people are guilty of casually dropping in the garbage can. Paired with Tim's paperdolls and bits of paint, these used teabags have magically been transformed from trash to treasure! You go, Girl! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous teabags Renee! You knocked them out of the park- love the opaqueness of the gouache!
    hugs,Jackie

    ReplyDelete