Friday, January 27, 2012

Last one, I promise

File:Annabel Lee fair copy Poe 1849.jpg
I have one more chunky ATC to share and then I promise to stop.    At least I'll stop posting them on my blog everyday.  The poem on display here is a copy of a poem that Edgar Allen Poe wrote that was published after his death.  When I was about 13 years old I had an English teacher that used to read out loud to us about once a week.  Mr. Philpot, my fabulous teacher, loved to read the works of Poe and he especially loved the poem "Annabel Lee".  Unlike many of Poe's works this one was not frightening or spooky, just terribly romantic.  I'm no longer 13 and I still find it romantic.  Anyway, this ATC is one showcasing Edgar in all his finery with a few ravens thrown in for good measure. 
First, I prepared the ATC wooden block with Ivory colored acrylic paint.  The crackle effect came from using the Crackled stamp by IndigoBlu.  I stamped the crackled look with Ranger's Rusty Hinge ink.  The stamp on the back is by Stampers' Anonymous, Tim Holtz Collection.  I purchased the small ivory peel and stick flowers at Michael's.  The pictures of Poe are a part of a digital downloaded collage sheet from Alpha Stamps, as are the words that were cut out and pasted on the side of the block.  There just happened to be parts of the poem on the collage sheet and pictures large and small of ravens, which of course had to be included.  I finished it off with golden colored fresh water pearls for the feet, a pewter pull with a large red stone in the center by 7Gypsies mounted on the top, and a rather large black and cream colored ribbon tied in a bow.

I did promise to stop showing the ATC blocks every day for now but I really can't promise "Nevermore".  (big smile on my face)



4 comments:

  1. Renee, I really love the different blocks you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh, very cool...love the theme, too, sure hope you're submitting this one for the Poe thing coming up?! It's awesome!!! I'm not tired of these, I think they are really creative!

    Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! If I submit this then I have an excuse to make more. I thought one with a heart theme would be cute.

      Delete