Monday, August 15, 2016

New issue of Craft Stamper magazine is now available

 I just received my complimentary issue of Craft Stamper magazine in the mail.  I'm amazed and grateful to have one of my cards published, it is my first time in this magazine.

Here is my card reflecting the colors in a four color challenge, they have challenges often, you can go to this link if you're interested in participating with a chance of being published.

I used Finnabair's stamp and several different stencils to get this result, all the instructions can be found in the latest issue of CS.

Thanks for sharing my joy!  Hugs ~ Renee

Friday, August 12, 2016

New winner chosen

Hi everyone!  I heard from one of the Coloring Studio book winners (Jodie) within the notification time frame but not the second one so I had to choose a replacement winner.

New winner chosen is:  Ella!

Please email me your address so I can send it off to Stampington, they will mail your copy directly from their offices.

Here's an update on my tangled cat, I added some stenciling to the mix.

Have a great weekend!  Hugs ~ Renee

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

2 Winners announced for the Coloring Studio Workbook Vol 2!

Congrats to the two winners of the Coloring Studio Workbook Vol 2....drum roll please.

1.  Jodie

2. Sande

Please email your mailing addresses to:  Your copies will be mailed directly from Stampington.

Congratulations to you both!  Thanks to everyone for entering.

Lately I've been doing a little coloring on my own using the Zentangle Cat design to play around with.  I'd love to hear what you think of this one.  I call it "The Cat and the Moon".  I painted the background with Black Chalkboard paint and Dyan Reaveley's Acrylic paints by Ranger. The eyes are colored in with blue Copics.

It is still a work in progress but it does demonstrate how fun it can be to design your own coloring book pages.

Thanks again for stopping by!  Hugs  ~ Renee

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

National Coloring Book Day! And a Give-Away!!

In honor of National Coloring Book Day I have a give-away of TWO copies of The Coloring Studio coloring book Vol. 2.  All you need to do to win is be a follower of my blog, a resident of the U.S. (sorry but Stampington is shipping only to the U.S. for this give-away) and leave a comment on this blog post.  Two winners will be chosen one week from today, August 9th, and I will announce the winners around noon of that day.  If you win you will have 48 hours to contact me with your mailing address or I'll be forced to choose another name.  The coloring books will be mailed directly from Stampington.

I do have an article in this copy.

I hope you'll enter to win, it is a lovely book with lots of beautiful pages to color.  Hugs ~ Renee

Monday, July 11, 2016

Somerset Studio Gallery Summer Issue WINNER!

Today is the day to announce the winner of the SSG magazine.  

Congratulations to Nancy P!!!!  Be sure to email me your full name and address, Nancy, so I can email the info to Stampington, they will be sending you the magazine.  My thanks to everyone who entered.  I will be having another give-away in two weeks for...wait for it...The Coloring Studio Vol. 2!

Hugs ~ Renee

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Zentangled Cat

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  ~ Terry Pratchett

I'm on a Zentangle kick again.  Today I'm sharing my latest project, a Zentangled Cat.  Very briefly here is my process.

I started with a sketch of a Siamese cat inspired by the design found in the book TangleEasy Lovable Pets by Ben Kwok transferred onto a piece of  gessoed 11" by 14" watercolor paper.

The design is lightly sectioned off with pencil and then the tangles are added with Black Micron pens.  I use the Apprentice Pigma pen 05 and the usual Black Micron 01, 03 .  I try to use light and dark patterns to keep it balanced.  I generally work on projects like this first thing in the morning while drinking coffee and searching Pinterest for tangle patterns.  I know it looks complicated and time consuming but it really isn't, I find it relaxing and centering.

Normally I would do some shading with a pencil but since I want to use this as a coloring page I'll hold off on that until later.  At this point I will photocopy the cat onto heavy card stock and color in the eyes with watercolors later.  It will make a great page to share with people for a coloring book party!

Thanks so much for stopping by, I would love to read any comments you might want to share.  Don't forget about the drawing for a free copy of the newest issue of Somerset Studio Gallery magazine.  The rules are here,  any follower of my blog in the U.S. is eligible to enter, the magazine will be mailed directly from Stampington.  The winner will be announced tomorrow.

Take care ~ Hugs ~ Renee

Sunday, July 3, 2016

A Give-away!! Somerset Studio Gallery Summer Edition

                                               Somerset Studio Gallery Summer 2016

To celebrate summer I am sponsoring a give-away of the Somerset Studio Gallery Summer 2016 magazine. There are so many amazing artists featured in this issue and Stampington has very generously offered a copy for this give-away.  There are just a few rules, you must be a follower of my blog (so I have a way to contact you) and a resident of the USA since Stampington will be mailing it directly to you.  To participate simply leave a comment on this post during the next 7 days.  The drawing will be open until midnight, Sunday July 10th, then one name will be drawn out of a hat.  I'll announce on Monday, July 11th who the winner is, then that person can make sure that I have their mailing address.  If I cannot get that information within 48 hours I'll be forced to draw a different name.

Stay tuned for another give-away 2 weeks from's a surprise but one I know you'll enjoy.  ;-)

Wishing you all the best!  Hugs ~ Renee