Sunday, March 4, 2012

Blessings of JOY

I really like that neutral palette of taupe and white.  Today I made a five minute card using Dina Wakley's grungy circle stamp, Ranger's Frayed Burlap ink and some stickers from K& Company.  I just got those stickers this week.  They are beautiful birds, eggs and nests.  I started with my "goddess" blank template from the latest Stampers' Sampler and cut her out of some patterned taupe paper. 
I used a 5"x7" blank white card.  First I stamped the circles in the background.  Glued the template to the center and blinged it up with the stickers.  Her face is a glittery egg from the sticker collection.

The sticker on her body says "Blessings of JOY".  Keep looking for your blessings and be grateful every day.  I am.  It is important never to lose your joy.  There is just so much to be grateful for! If you don't feel that way, start small, just be grateful you can breathe.  Be grateful when you see the sun.  Etc.  It takes a little practice but everyday you see more and more things to be thankful for.  No one can take that joy from you since it resides deep inside.  Be joyful.

1 comment:

  1. Renee, I love this card. I love your style! I love how the branch sits on her hip and how the bird pops on the card. Also the nest with the eggs! Awesome.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete