Friday, May 10, 2013

"Boston Strong" Mail Art

I think all of us here is Mass. have been deeply affected by the Marathon bombing attack.  As the stories unfold it really just breaks your heart.  I did a piece of mail art just to get it off my mind.  The whole thing kept making me think of that song Eric Clapton sang about 20 years ago called "Tears in Heaven".  I wrote the lyrics on a large mailing envelope then applied gesso over them so only bits and pieces of the words are visible.  I stamped a large face image on the right side, colored her in with chalks and did some Zentangles for her dress.
How about you?  Does creating some form of art help you to express your emotions? 

Well, the weather here today has cleared up and it looks like a perfect Spring day!  Enjoy the weekend.  Thanks so much for stopping by to visit.  I'll talk to you soon.


8 comments:

  1. Renee, your envelope is a beauty full of emotions! I wish that face stamp were still available...I'd so love to have one in my arsenal of stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful piece of art, so expressive. And yes, as an outlet for thoughts and emotions, there's nothing like sitting down at the craft desk...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're amazing. This turnout out just beautiful. I can feel the emotion in this piece for sure. That face is striking. No surprise, I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so hard to watch it all unfold abroad...horrible. The stories are heartbreaking. Your art hear is so inspirational...just exceptional. I love the warm tones, and the image...she is staring into the unknown in disbelief almost. I love the sending of the love hearts...reaching out to touch and help others. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so moving, Renee. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful. I love her wings, her color ..the whole darn thing is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete