Wednesday, November 13, 2013

SDC125: One Layer::Stampotique Challenge

Samantha Read is our hostess this week at Stampotique's Designer's Challenge.  Can't wait to see what everyone creates this week!

"Hi Stampotiquers! I'm so excited to be your host this week and I'm inviting you to make a creation using just one layer. It doesn't necessarily have to be clean and simple, that's the challenge! I love lots and lots of layers but to achieve a sense of depth to a creation using no embellishments etc can really get you scratching your head and rubbing your chin! 
Most importantly have fun ;)"

Sounds like fun doesn't it?  I decided to make a card with TCW Dina Wakley stencils, gesso, spray inks, acrylic paints, Derivan Liquid Pencil, Black StazOn Ink, Stampotique stamps and a black micron pen.  Whew!  That sounds like a lot of product but I sure was happy with the results.  My card looks like a mini painting.



We all know at least one Diva, don't we?  Perfect card for that special someone.  Have a great day, it is really cold here and I'm sure it is only going to get colder.  Brrrrrrrrr!  Good time to make cards.  Take care, thanks so much for stopping by, it wouldn't be as much fun without YOU!  ~ Renee



10 comments:

  1. I had to stop and think...wait, that can't be just one layer! Well done, Renee, it's a beautiful Diva card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly, Renee! Before reading your post, I thought it *was* a painting--and a beautiful one, at that! Creating a patterned skirt with the Stampotique Diva stamp was genius. Love it! You are a true artist in every sense of the word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic one layer art Renee!!
    Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW I should think you are happy with this Renee, it's wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stampotique Designers Challenge. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colour combo and use of stamps - love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, it's beautiful! Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, fabulous !! Love your Diva !!! Take care, Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete