Thursday, June 12, 2014

Buried Treasure~~~Jane Davenport Stencils help when drawing faces!

This post was originally shared on July 6, 2013.  I am participating in Seth Apter's Buried Treasure project today so I am sharing my favorite post from last year.  Thanks for joining me, here is the link to Seth's blog so you can check out the other participating artists.  http://thealteredpage.blogspot.com/2014/06/buried-treasure-2014.html


I'm still drawing faces but I have gotten a little help from my Jane Davenport Stencils.  This is a 3/4 face and some eyes on a page that I call "the eyes have it" or it could be titled "don't you make my brown eyes blue".

I worked in my journal on gessoed pages with spray inks and acrylic paints.  Then I did the tangles with my Fude Ball pen which will write on anything.

Just the face


The entire 2 page spread


I hope you're having a great weekend.  It is so hot here!  It feels like 100 F outside when combined with the humidity.  Whew!  Here's to a long weekend, bar-b-ques and lots of creative time.  Take care, talk to you soon~Renee

20 comments:

  1. Fantastic face. I love her zentangled hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a cool background and it just adds a great atmosphere and mood for your beauty's face and eyes. I love how you use zentangles for hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What brilliant pages - haunting!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous pages, Renee... I really love them. And I agree all the tangles add so much. I can't wait to go down this path!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! What fabulous pages...love the zentangle too...just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The eyes are the window to the soul!
    I love your girl and your eyes draw me right into the pages!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each detail of this made is FABULOUS !!!!!! Have a great and creative time all the summer, as the hot weather inspires you a lot ! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. We never get sick of drawing faces.. or in my case "trying" to draw them. The background colors really make the black and white pop. FANTASTIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOU pages are stunning! I love eyes and doodle them a lot~ The blue ones are gorgeous~ Thank you for sharing-
    The souls on these pages are steeped with creative memories ;D

    WOW Renee!!!
    @>--------

    ReplyDelete
  10. very helpful, as I'm hopeless at drawing faces

    ReplyDelete
  11. In addition to the gorgeous face and eyes, I was also impressed by your background and doodles you added to make this your own work of art. Lovely, and thanks for sharing it again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant use of those face stencils...your work looks great.

    I have a couple of the face stencils and have not moved forward with them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous journal spread!
    Love the contrast and rhythm, movement and patterns!

    Wonderful Buried Treasure!
    All the best,
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pages! Lovely doodles in her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  15. the background colour & texture is great,,,,,love the blue eyes & the referance to the song.
    thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Renee! What a fabulous Buried Treasure post! Gorgeous pages! I can see why you would pick these to repost! I am a fan! hugs
    Jackie ")

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yowza! This may be my favorite of yours yet. Love everything about it. Off to pin!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This beautiful face is just mesmerizing, Renee! I love "the eyes have it," as they are all so expressive. Love how you have turned a 3/4 face into a full-on journal spread, and not without a few "tangles" in her hair!! We are definitely sharing the same weather, as it was hard keeping all the party snacks today from turning "punky" with all this humidity! Tomorrow will be warm but without the humidity! Bring it! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a wonderful spread, i love all about it! the zentangled hair is a hoot! and the eyes are great, too!

    ReplyDelete