I wanted a strong surface to work on so I chose 140# water color paper. I started with spraying the paper with three colors of Dylusions Spray inks. I sprayed Bubblegum pink, Vibrant Turquoise and Fresh Lime.
The colors may seem a little bright but I will be toning them down later. Next I used VersaMark embossing ink with an old brayer type stamp for my pattern. After applying the design I sprinkled Clear Embossing Powder over it and then tapped off the excess.
Wow! Cool pattern!! Watch what happens when I heat it with the heat gun to melt the powder.
Now we have our pattern back. I felt it was still too dark for me so I continued to wipe it down with the baby wipes until it looked like this.
At this point I started cutting the book marks to measure 3" by 8". You can pick and choose the color combos that you want on your project at this point. After I had cut several of the markers I wanted to dress them up a little more, add more texture. I used Dina Wakley's word stencil for this and some modeling paste, carefully applying the paste with a small paint brush. If any of the words get smeared just wipe them off and come back later when it is dry and reapply the words as necessary.
Now mat the colorful panel onto a piece of black card stock that measures a quarter of an inch larger all the way around the tag. It was still crying out for more decoration so I pulled some ribbon out of my stash and a K & Co button with a bird's nest on it to put at the top of the mark. Just enough to make it look like a very special book mark! Now to find a new book to read.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you'll try your hand at this technique and share your results with us at the Craft Stamper Take It Make It Challenge. Talk to you soon ~ Renee xxx