To begin I have cut a piece of 6" by 6" watercolor paper, applied a thin layer of gesso to it and allowed it to dry. When the paper is dry I applied Distress Inks in Scattered Straw, Vintage Photo and Broken China to the panel and blended the colors with a baby wipe.
I laid the stencil called "Spirit" on top of the panel and started making an outline of the parts of the stencil with a Stabilo All pencil, this will provide shading later.
Now that my pencil marks are in place I began applying the Broken China DI with an applicator through the stencil. This activates the Stabilo pencil and changes the color to a gray blue shade.
I sewed a little here and there around the edges of the canvas, leaving the threads long for now, I'll trim them later.
I added some stamping with Memento London Fog ink and StazOn Jet Black ink. I applied water to the edges of the panel to break them down and age them. Then I used a distressing tool to tear the edges and then inked them with the StazOn Black ink.
I wanted to have a small punch of red on this canvas, like the others. With that in mind I drizzled Lady Bug red "irRESISTibles" across the top and let it dry. I glued the gears and cogs on with a strong adhesive then added Distress Stickles into the open areas of the cogs. A tiny rhinestone was glued onto the dove.
The finished canvas is now ready to be adhered to the burlap canvas. I trimmed the threads to the desired length and it is done. Three canvases down and one to go!
Thanks for joining me today, I have had a lot of fun working on this series. I hope to see you next Tuesday when I will share more stenciling ideas with Artistcellar stencils. . Talk to you soon ~ Renee xx