Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Stampotique Challenge "Bright Colors" ~SDC220~



This week Carol Fox is the hostess on the Stampotique Designers Challenge and she is challenging us to "Bright Colors"
Here is what Carol says about this challenge:

"Bright eye popping colors to brighten up November"

So let's see your best and brightest projects this week.

Your participation could lead to winning a great prize!



This started as just a warm up sheet of paper using stamps and tangling around them.  I usually practice Zentangle patterns early in the morning while I have my coffee.  When the paper is filled up it goes into the pile to be photocopied or cut up, whatever I need it for.  I used exclusively Stampotique stamps on the paper before adding the Zentangle patterns.



Here it is in black and white.  I wish I had used a heavier paper instead of just card stock.  I started out with Brushos and water which made the paper twist and warp.  I then switched over to Memento markers and colored it in like one of those new-fangled coloring book pages.  Fun.  Later I can cut it up and make whatever out of it.

Stampotique Stamps used for this:

  • Girl with heart purse
  • Portland
  • Girl with Lunchbox
  • Blah, Blah, L'artist & People Person

Other supplies:
  • Micron black pen
  • Memento Markers
  • Brushos w/water

I am also submitting this to Craft Stamper's Take It Make It Challenge for November~ Take a Stamp

Thanks for your visit, I always appreciate it!  Hugs ~ Renee

15 comments:

  1. I have never "tangled," so I sit in awe of those who do! I clicked on and enlarged your black'n'white version and, even in sections, its miniature works of art! You might just have challenged me to try a bit of tangling, but I think I will start on a postcard! Perfect inclusion of your Stampotique images and text stamps! I also noticed that you did not color within the lines! I love that more random coloring. A very fun and interesting piece, Renee! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to stamp first. Maybe you can make a copy on your printer with card stock. Make the colors more saturated first in your photo software. Anyway, love this. You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo much detail, super project for SDC this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea, I love this, thank you for joining in with my challenge this week at Stampotique.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW WOW WOW! Your Zentangling amazes me each time Renee!! Outstanding my friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. This is beautiful. What a great idea to create a master sheet with stamps and tangling and color to be used on a later project.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Renee!
    Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ka pow..wow! Love it....you rock, Renee~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea to zentangle around stamped images! Your page looks very cool. And your tangling is quite amazing looking. Great pieces this will chop up into.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Renee this is amazing, I love how the Stampotique images fit in with your tangling. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Stampotique and have a fab weekend. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what an amazing piece of art!! So beautiful
    Thanks for joining us at the Stampotique Designers Challenge :)

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woww, I am speechless! Such a wonderful zentangle page, stunning! Thank you for joining us at the Craft Stamper Challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It has turned out brilliant ! I love it
    Hope your house move all went well and your settled and enjoying crafting !
    Thanks for joining us at the stampotique designers challenge
    Jackie :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tha is a beautiful zentangle! Good idea to photocopy the original...
    Thanks for joining us in the Craft Stamper challenge !

    xxx Ellie Knol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!! This is amazing. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete