Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Playing with Tim Holtz's new Distress Crayons and Karen O'Brien's new book

I'm still enchanted by Karen O'Brien's Imaginary Characters and decided to give my new Distress Crayons a workout in my art journal to add color to my sketches.  Of course I had to add some stenciling into the mix.


I drew the image with my Stabilo pencil.  When water is applied it creates the shading.  I mixed the crayons with a little water on my craft sheet and applied the colors with a foam brush.  When I liked what I saw I added some rubber stamping with black permanent ink.

Very fun!  I highly recommend her book if you like this style of whimsical characters.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hugs ~ Renee

8 comments:

  1. Renee, your little one is just too cute!! I love her face and her outfit-so sweet! She looks so sleepy!
    hugs,Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetie! I love what you've done on this page. You work those new supplies beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dreamy look~ So, pretty!
    You always add the charm of details-love this one~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great whimsical girl... love it.
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely adorable, Renee. Love the image, of course, but she is made even more beautiful with the soft color palette achieved with the crayons! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her book is on my Amazon Wish List. Renee, I love what you created and you worked with the DCs to such beautiful effect.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful! I love the color choices

    ReplyDelete