Friday, June 16, 2017

How does your garden grow? An AIRs Challenge produces Garden Markers








At the Imagine Crafts site one of the AIRs design team challenges for June was to create a project using something other than cardstock to stamp on. I’m just getting my herb garden going to I thought I’d create small name tags made out of plastic stakes (Dollar Store again) to identify my herbs. StazOn ink is my go to ink when I want something that won’t disappear with the blazing sun and torrential rains of South Carolina where I currently live. Guests are always curious about all the herbs I grow and use, this way they can read the names, pluck a little off and enjoy the herbal scents while they await dinner.

Skill: Beginner
Time: 10 minutes per tag ( not including drying time)

Directions:

Step one: Prepare the plastic surface by wiping each tag lightly with rubbing alcohol to remove any residue. 

Step two:
Use a mini alphabet stamp set and StazOn Jet Black ink to stamp the name of the herb, allow to dry.


Step three:
Using a different color of StazOn ink, begin stamping designs and patterns onto the plastic randomly. Allow drying time.



   
Step four:
Using a large dauber, apply different colors of StazOn ink; apply Clear Embossing Powder and carefully heat set the colors. This is plastic so take care not to get the heat tool too close or hold it on one spot too long or the stake will melt.


Step five:
Apply a clear sealant to the stake with a product that will withstand the elements outdoors, allowing the drying time stated in the instructions. Insert it into the ground near the plant.




If you would like the supply list please visit the Imagine Craft Blog.  I hope you're taking time to get out and enjoy the beginnings of summer.  Thanks for stopping by ~ Hugs ~ Renee

2 comments:

  1. This is such a fun idea for your herb garden! All your neighboring herbalists will be so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Renee! Love that you used the embossing powder- love my textures!!
    Hugs,Jackie

    ReplyDelete