Friday, February 16, 2018

Stampington & Co.- Finding that Silver envelope in the mailbox!

My heart skips a beat whenever I spot that silver envelope in my mailbox!  It means I've just received my artist comp. magazine from Stampington.  Sometimes I know it's coming other times it catches me by surprise, this one I've been waiting to see for months.

Every issue of Somerset Studio has a challenge for artists, it's found near the back of the magazine.  The challenge that caught my eye was "Rust It Out".  I love a rust effect on paper, wood, etc. and I have found that I can achieve it by using Finnabair's Rust Effect Paste made by Prima.  I've made several of these paintbrushes over the past few months but I made these two especially for this challenge.  I used Red Rust paste along with Patina Effect Paste in a Turquoise Blue on top of all the inks and gesso.  When they are returned to me I believe I will hang them on the wall of my studio!





I have to give my husband, Joe, credit for sharing his hoard of inexpensive wooden paintbrushes with me for this project.  Thank you Joe!

I used the same technique on my "dollar" store box along with Finnabair's Mechanicals and added the same Red Rust and Blue Pastes on top of the metal pieces.  Wouldn't this be lovely filled with sea shells from a trip to the beach?




This issue of Somerset Studio is packed with all sorts of rust projects by artists like Lynne Moncrieff, Vickie Kammerer, Irl Noble, Linda Trenholm, just to name a few!  I personally can't wait to try some of the techniques shared and I'm sure this will be a magazine that I will use as a reference for rust effects on future projects.

I hope you get to take a look at it next time you're at Barnes and Noble bookstore.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  Big hugs on this beautiful, warm spring-like day, I love this weather! ~ Renee

5 comments:

  1. I always love seeing altered paint brush art. Your brushes look so amazing! As does that box as well. Congrats on another publish. Your art is always inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Renee-how wonderful!!! I will be sure to purchase this issue and try out your techinque~ Big hugs to you!!
    Rust rules!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fabulous Renee!!!!!!
    Huge congratulations.
    Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. HUGE Congratulations Renee!!
    I am sure you are giggling like a school girl, and have the biggest proudest smile on your face-as you should! i am so thrilled for you,my friend!
    These brushes are Fabulous!! I LOVE your rusting! And yes, that box would absolutely look wonderful filled with seashells. When you get these back , please share more photos!
    lots of love to you, Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete