Friday, January 20, 2012

The Map to Your Heart Challenge in the Moxie Fab World

Here is a new challenge from the Moxie Fab World.  The challenge is to use an old map or map paper to create a project.  My project is a card with a butterfly that was stamped on a piece of map paper by Wander Paper Pad/Basic Grey.  First I used a 5"x7" blank white card as my base.  I stamped it with miscellaneous travel stamps from Stampington using Ranger's Iced Spruce ink.  I then cut a strip of cardboard to adhere across the center of the card.  Tim Holtz's "journey" stamp graces the bottom.  I bought the tiny canvas,  which measures 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" square, at Michael's.  I did a direct to paper technique with Ranger's Stormy Sky ink and then cut little strips of the map paper and glued it all around the canvas to cover the edges.  The peel and stick words are from Authentique.  The butterfly stamp is by PSX.  I used Ranger's Rusty Hinge to stamp the butterfly and heat embossed with clear powder.  The antennae are a Jolee beaded coat hanger that has been twisted around.  The final touch are circles that were punched out of the map paper and glued randomly around.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Renee! Thanks for linking this up to the Map to Your Heart challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you "mapped" out some time to play along! :)

    ReplyDelete