Monday, May 21, 2012

Tim Holtz Weekend

Well, it finally arrived!  After months of waiting the Tim Holtz classes were taught this weekend in Topsfield, MA at the store "Absolutely Everything".  I only signed up for three of the four classes but I was very happy with the results.  I semi-finished everything but I will continue to "tweak" all three of my projects for a few days I'm sure.  I will share all three projects during the week.  Let's start with Saturday morning 9am to 12 noon.
The classes began on Saturday morning with "Heart and Soul".  This is a three hour class using supplies such as metal foil tape, alcohol inks, paint dabbers, a configurations box, pulley wheels and tons of other small things.  We learned a Faux Riveting technique using the metal foil tape and a paper mache heart.  My configurations box was painted with an Adirondak Gold Dabber and then distressed with Broken China and Wild Honey.  My metal covered heart was distressed with alcohol inks:  pitch black, ginger and stonewashed.  My distressed and inky fingers were scrubbed clean with one of Tim's scrubby pads and soap.  They look like they could use a little more scrubbing if truth be told!  I sat with one of my favorite crafting buddies, Marjie Kemper, who also made little ATT (All Things Tim) brooches, which I proudly pinned to my now dirty crafting apron.  I saw a few other crafting friends like Diane from Concord.  We all had the same packets of materials and the same products to work with but amazing as it seems every one's project was completely unique.  Here's mine.

2 comments:

  1. How absolutely wonderful to go to a Timmy class, bet you had a great time. Loving the shiny heart. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you finished yours up! The ticket and film on top are fabaroonie. So much fun spending the weekend with ya!

    ReplyDelete