Friday, May 4, 2012

Alter it ! Frilly and Funkie Challenge

The Frilly and Funkie website has a new challenge.  It is called "Alter It!"  I love any type of challenge that involves recycling.  Today I recycled a very cute little pink shiny gift bag that someone gave me a long time ago.  First I used an old paint chip that was a Limoncello color (ie: my kitchen), it was a large chip measuring 4" x 6".  I ran this through my Vagabond machine using the Alterations Patchwork Texture Fades.  Then I rubbed Ranger's Tattered Rose ink over the raised image and poured clear embossing powder over it and heat embossed it.  I matted the yellow paint chip to some polka dot paper, G45 circus paper.  I cut and glued a turquoise strip at the middle of the chip.  I cut a shaped a pinwheel out of G45 circus paper and glued a bottle cap in the middle.  I stamped a face using black Archival ink and clear, heat embossed it.  I colored it in with copic inks.  So in the end I altered a gift bag, a bottle cap and some paint chips (I did buy the paint just in case you were wondering).

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous project, love the embossing and the pinwheel is fabulous ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you altered a gift bag...I have so many I could do this to. The background with all that texture is fabulous, but your pinwheel takes the prize....love it and the face!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Frilly & Funkie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool alteration! Very clever idea to alter a gift bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a transformation! I can see that bag selling at the Hallmark stores. Gorgeous work. Thanks for joining us at Frilly & Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving all the detail! This reminds me of a pin I use to own. Moon styled pin...love the colors and all the funky details~ I agree this should be in a shop a funky, fun one ; D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific project, Renee! It's all really cool, but my favorite is the embossed paint chip - wonderful effect with the Tattered Rose ink and the clear embossing - love the shine! So happy to have you joining in the fun with us this week at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete