Saturday, April 28, 2012

Less is More::Week 65 Sketch

The "Less is More" site has a challenge this week that involves a sketch.  The intent of this website is to keep embellishments to a bare minimum, if at all.  The cards or projects are left with a large amount of white space, very few layers and  simple designs.  It sounds easy but for most of us it is not easy at all.  The card I did follows the sketch with a square aperture and a phrase stamped on the front.
I used a blank white card that has a pre-cut square window.  I have been playing with Dyan Reaveley's Dylusion spray inks a lot recently.  I have done sheets of watercolor paper in different shades, this one is done in purple and bubblegum pink.  After the paper is dry I can cut it up to fit whatever shape I need.  I do very large sheets of water color paper so I can get lots of cuts out of it for cards or book markers.  The cut for this card measured about 3 1/2" by 2 1/2" which is the perfect amount of space I need for my Stampotique monster stamp.  I stamped him using Archival Ink in black from Ranger and glued the little guy on the inside of the card, perfectly framed in the window.  The phrase on the front of the card is also from Stampotique and goes well together with the little monster hugging himself!

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely effect with your spray inks... super job.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. I love the colouring, and the card made me smile.
    I have seen this stamp image, and always thought that would not fit my style. You made me rethink that. You made a great card with this.

    Marrigje

    ReplyDelete
  3. This stamp is so cute, great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super inking FAB card
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete