Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Artistic Outpost Challenge::Birds

The Artistic Outpost Blog has posted a challenge that is very Spring-like, "Birds".  What can I say....I'm surrounded by them.  We have multiple feeders outside and have enjoyed so many different types of birds this year and they seem to be arriving even earlier than usual.  Last year we had even more feeders out and it was a constant challenge to keep the squirrels off of them.  I noticed early one morning that all the feeders had been knocked to the ground and the suet cages had been ripped open.  I was amazed that squirrels could be that agressive!  Dumb California Girl.  It seems we have bears up on the hill behind our neighborhood.  One of them cut a swath right through the neighborhood and had quite a feast.  So far this year no bears, just birds.
This was made using the Blue Bird set of stamps from Artistic Outpost.  The colors of Ranger inks used are Wild Honey and Broken China.  I used a cork to stamp the circles on the background with Frayed Burlap ink, also by Ranger.  I cut an image of a woman out of paper and used an egg from K&Co for her face.  The bird is also a peel and stick bird from K&Co.  The phrase and birds held on high are by Artistic Outpost.  If you would like to see their other wonderful stamps here is a link to their site:  http://www.artisticoutpost.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. How creative! Love the added egg for the face. Thanks for playing along with us at Artistic Outpost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bears!?!?!?! Oh my, that would freak me out, my friend. Love the arms up holding the sign... reminds me of John Cusack with his big old boom box. The face is fabulous... you're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW! This is gorgeous, Renee!! I love how you used the egg for the face ... very creative and fun! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed this!!! How awesome!!! Totally cool design...you are so creative girl! This looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete