Sunday, April 22, 2012

Our Creative Corner Butterfly Challenge

There is a project challenge going on at "Our Creative Corner" this week incorporating Butterflies.  I adore butterflies since to me they signal spring, which is a really big deal here in New England.  Being from Southern California where there are only 2 seasons, summer and almost summer, I have REALLY come to look forward to the spring season and all the flowers, birds, dragonflies and butterflies that come with it.  I learned my gardening lesson the hard way when I went through my first spring here.  We had one of those odd weeks in April with high temperatures so, of course, eager to plant something I filled my car up with geraniums.  The man at the nursery looked at me like I was insane and asked if I was going to wait to plant the flowers.  Wait?  For what?  He said I should wait until June 1st.  I should have listened.  I planted all my lovely flowers and the next week it snowed.  I was outside in my pajamas with a towel on my head and every sheet we had in the house trying to cover up my plants.  Flash forward 10 years.  Now even if I see butterflies in my garden on some of the hardy plants that are up this time of year I know the magic planting date is June 1st.  I think of them as winged flowers.  Just a hint of beautiful things to come.
Products used:  Dylusions Ink Sprays Bubblegum Pink, Lemon Zest and Postbox Red.  Ranger's Black Archival ink and Adirondack Slate ink, Tim Holtz stamps from Papillon and Fairytale Frenzy (Stampers Anon).  Distress Stickles Rock Candy on the butterfly wings and bodies.  Finished card measures 5" x 7".

5 comments:

  1. Hello Renee
    What a Hot hot card you have created here, the dylusions inks you have used has produced a burnished effect that is very striking and dramatic. I like your thoughts that butterflies are liked 'winged flowers', what a beautiful statement.
    Thank you for joining us this week at 'Our Creative Corner' we are thrilled to see your work.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoWzA, this is gorgeous, Renee! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah Baby!!! This is absolutely fabulous!!! I love your orange palette, and those fluttery guys are awesome! Thank you so much for joining in at Our Creative Corner this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing colors... what a gorgeous base for your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, love Those vibrant colours! Hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete