Saturday, April 14, 2012

This one is for you Hels!

Hels Sheridan has a fabulous blog called "Ink on my Fingers" that is celebrating Sunday Stamper Week 200.  The theme is NUMBERS.  So in honor of Hels and her 200th post I did a tag a la Tim Holtz.  I used Ranger Distress Inks Wild Honey, Broken China, & Fired Brick on a manila tag.  Spritz and Flicked water on the tag.  Edged it with Black Soot and the stamped numbers from Tim's Stampers Anonymous collection called Fairytale Frenzy using waterproof black Archival ink.  Since I had the stamps out I decided to use the same colors of Distress Inks on the butterfly image and use the watercolor technique he showed in his recent on-line class.  So I inked up the stamp with multiple colors and spritzed water on it, then stamped the image several times so it looks very faded.  I used Idea-Ology Film Strip Ribbon to make the bow at the top of the tag and attached two of K & Company's sparkly butterflies.  The phrase is from Dyan Reaveley's collection.  Dyan's words are so true, the journey is the start of the adventure!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous and gorgeous and I LOVE that Film Strip idea... how cool! thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving this gorgeous background and you've used my favorite number stamp, but I just can't take my eyes off the film strip... how flipping clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful tag! interesting idea with a bow !!!

    ReplyDelete