Thursday, July 26, 2012

Congratulations Card using Stampotique

Lately so many friends and family members have had reasons to celebrate big milestones in life.  I like to try to come up with cards that reflect the personality of the person I'm making the card for.  This one goes to a dear friend with tons of energy!  Does it show?
I used the image "Twinkie" by Stampotique.  I stamped the image twice, once using Ranger's Archival Coffee colored ink and the second time I used Memento's Espresso Truffle ink.  After trimming out the image I cut each of them in half and exchanged their pants.  I glued the boys to the blank white card.  I stamped the phrase at the upper right corner also in the Coffee color.  For the bottom border I cut a strip of paper and trimmed it to fit the card.  Using just the head of Dina Wakley's "Silhouette Script" girl, I stamped it right side up then upside down.  I used same colors of ink on the border.  The edges are also inked with Ranger's Coffee ink, I really love that color!  I think I love anything with the word "coffee" in it.  Sigh.

6 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Renee, your card has real energy, and I love how you have mixed Twinkie up. I'm so pleased that I now know how to leave comments on your blog lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Sue! I always enjoy your blog.

      Delete
  2. Hi
    This is such fun and bursting with energy.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you make cards based on personality...it makes the receiver feel more special. Cute and fun images...love the kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I love it, but I can't stop giggling over "I exchanged their pants"! So cool and clever, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome card!!!! love it!! =)
    hugs, SannaS

    ReplyDelete