Friday, July 20, 2012

Going in Circles with the Artistic Stamper

The Artistic Stamper has "Circles" as their theme this month.  I don't seem to have a circle stamp (does this pity party ever stop? lol) but I do have tons of circle scraps.  I have a little container that is full of punched circles in every size and color under the sun.  Sometimes I have just a small piece of some wonderful paper left over and can't bear to part with it so I punch some circles or squares and salvage just a little bit of it for later.  For this card I stamped a face from Dyan Reaveley's "Bits of this" collection on an old book page.  Her "hair" is a mass of circles.  I colored her face with Distress Markers and did a tiny Zentangle across the bottom.  It is a tangle pattern created by Diana Sexton called "Itsy Twisty".  Since I mastered it a couple of days ago I can't stop doing it.  It reminds me of buttons with a ribbon running through them.
Our weather here has finally cooled down a bit, I hope yours has too.  Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. You are on a creative rush girl!!! This girls hairs completed her full circle!!!! Love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of circle scraps. And what a fun idea. A clear glass jar of colorful circles could be fun all by itself.

    I have tentatively tried zentangle and have one book. It seems there are many. Do you have a favorite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renee!
      I do have a favorite Zentangle book, Totally Tangled by Sandy Steen Bartholomew. The place I have learned the most though is online with some of the challenges like "I am the Diva". There are so many great Zentangle artists worldwide that show their work and break it down for everyone. Thanks for visiting my blog! ReneeZ

      Delete
  3. Love her colourful hair, & that zentangle looks amazing Renee! Thanks for sharing your art with us at The Artistic Stamper Challenge.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooo love stamping on book page, and what you've done with her cool hair!

    ReplyDelete