Friday, July 13, 2012

July Tag Tim Holtz style

Tim Holtz's tag for July involves alcohol inks and canned air.  Sounds like fun, doesn't it?  I used Ranger's Glossy Paper cut in the shape of a tag.  My alcohol ink colors were Butterscotch, Aqua and Latte.  I dropped a couple of drops of each color and sprayed the air on each drop to get the effect, just like Tim showed in his video.  Added a few embellishments and Voila!
I used the flourish from Stampers Anonymous and the words are from Anna Griffin.  I ran the silver foil through my machine using the Patchwork texture fade and punched the bottom with my EK notebook punch.  The flower was cut from scraps with Tattered Florals by Alterations.  I dyed the gauzy ribbon to match with the alcohol inks.  Then I decided I should do one more:

I used the same alcohol inks but added pearl on top of the aqua.  Then I rubbed a little of the new seasonal color from Ranger called Shaded Lilac.  I love that color it is so soft.  I stamped the Eiffel Tower by Stampers Anonymous on the tag and followed that up with the word "Paris" by Stamp Camp.  I used the flourish from SA again and added the paper flower, a metal word and metal number (both Tim Holtz products).  The bottom was edged with EK's notebook punch and a little ribbon tied at the top to finish it.

3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, Renee! Love all the details, especially the metal and the way your flourish stands up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never would I think to use this technique with soft color and earth tones...brilliant idea and so many possibilities! I love both tags, and really love the paper you used on the first. The border adds so much! Awesome work Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tags, Renee... what I really wanted to comment on was your amazing Artistic Outpost piece... astonishing colours, just beautiful, but for some reason it wouldn't let me type in the Comment box (nor on your SSSaS entry - also fab!). I will come back and try again later, as there's lots more I'd like to explore here. Thanks for your lovely comment over at Words and Pictures!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete