Friday, November 30, 2012

Art Journal Page/Frog Queen

This journal page was done on a piece of watercolor paper that had been lightly coated in gesso.  After the gesso dried I painted it with Claudine Hellmuth's Studio acrylic paints using Modern Red, Dab of Yellow, a little grey and white acrylic.  I stamped Tim Holtz numbers, Dyan Reaveley circles and borders in black archival ink.  More large circles in grey paint using a lid from an old jar.  I stamped a "window" using Dyan's border, cut it out with an exacto knife and glued orange paper over the aperture.  The image glued over that window is by DeviantScrap.com, as is her crown.  I also used a chevron stencil and white acrylic paint randomly and glued a little tissue tape down with Matte Medium.  The entire page was sprayed with a fixative at the end to seal it.  The sentiment by The Queen's Ink says it all:  Queens Never Make Bargains.



I'll be sending this in to Somerset Studio, I hope they like her.  Have a great day, talk to you soon.~Renee

2 comments:

  1. Hilarity and entertain for my tired eyes! Love your creativity and imagination! Digging those shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet this was a fun page to make. Cool cool, frog queen... she's a keeper.

    ReplyDelete