Sunday, November 4, 2012

Where does the time go?

I keep asking myself that question.  Where does the time go?  This week has been spent cleaning up our messy yard from "Sandy" and getting set for winter.  Snow is expected on Thursday this week and the first storm of the season usually finds us ready and waiting.  That means all the glass things still in the garden have to be moved in, dahlias need to be dug up and put in the basement, empty the fountain, bring in the hoses, chop the firewood and have it in the garage, etc.  The list goes on and on.  Living in New England is not for sissies, that is for sure.
I did find some creative time this week even though I felt like all I did was type out instructions for cards to send in to Stampington for the Nov. 15th deadline.  They had some fun challenges this time, as always.  If you have an interest in that sort of thing just check out their website, they have a list of all the Challenges and Calls going on now and in the upcoming year.  I made this card to send in.  It is just a pretty card that would fit any occasion.
I don't know about all of you and your projects but I seem to be obsessed lately with the backgrounds in my new Dyan Reaveley Journal.  I have about 1/3 of the book completed so far.  I knew I was going to need another one! Hope all my East Coast friends are on the way to recovery after the storm.  Have a great week and try to do something creative even if it is only one project.  It is so good for the soul.

4 comments:

  1. It's more than pretty...it's gorgeous! I love the bird and butterflies! The post card background is wonderful! Fab card! Glad you are creating in your journal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the parts to this funky card, Renee. It's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee.. what a beautiful card. The birds are gearing up for winter too. I love watching them in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very pretty!
    I hope this week's storm isn't too hard on anyone! You're certainly right - life in New England is not for sissies, but, oh, is it a great life! (Yes, some day, I WILL live there! lol)

    ReplyDelete