Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Butterfly note card

Hello again, it is a CHILLY 26 degrees here today and I'm really dreaming about summer!  The seed catalogs have started to arrive and my garden plans have begun.  Can't wait.

Here is one last card that I made using the postcard technique shown earlier this week.



 On this particular card after I used a brayer to apply the Tsukineko Kaleidacolor ink in the "Tomato Vine" colors and sprayed it with water, I dried the paper with a heat gun.


  Then I put some water on my fingers and flicked it on to the watercolor paper panel.  The longer you allow the water to sit the more ink will be removed.  I allowed it to sit for about 30 seconds, applied some heat from my gun and then blotted it with a paper towel.  When this was completely dry, I stamped it with a phrase stamp by Rubber Stampede and Impression Obsessions Gardening Tools stamp.  StazOn Black ink is my favorite permanent ink.  After this was completely dry I glued the card to a black piece of card stock and then adhered the entire panel to a blank white card.  I tied an orange and white piece of bakers twine on to the cards crease.  The final touch was Tsukineko Goosebumps applied just to the butterfly for a little extra texture.


Thanks for stopping by today.  Please leave a comment if you have time, I love hearing what you think.  Have a great day and stay warm!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Renee! I love how you did the inking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you start these cards. So beautiful. Ok, so better dream of summer a little harder, cuz we are gettin a big storm on Thursday night/Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the plaid design...fab! Looking at my Stamper's Sampler today...you are everywhere...congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete