Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My Master Board Class

Hi there!  I know it seems like it has been quiet around here lately but it has actually been just the opposite.  First I was busy getting projects together for CHA.  After I got those mailed out then I began testing new products for companies, ones I can't share as yet but I will as soon as I get the OK.  My studio looks like an explosion of glitter, paper, ink, etc.  You know the look.  Chaos.  Controlled chaos.

During all of this creative "happiness" I received the sad news that "Ink About It", my favorite local stamp store will be closing this Spring.  We're all trying to keep up a brave face but our little local group of artists were looking pretty sad last week when the store held their first of I'm sure many sales.  Looking on the positive side, Lori and Linda have done a fantastic job this past 10 years running a wonderful store, bringing in fantastic teachers (Dina Wakley, Dyan Reaveley, Seth Apter, Tim Holtz just to name a few) and building our own local core of artists.  I am constantly in awe of the talent that is in this area!  Such a great group of talented and sharing artists.

 I will be teaching at least one more class there before they close.  My class will be held on Feb. 20th, 2014 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.  I am teaching one of my favorite techniques:  The Master board.  In this class we'll be making a master board that can be photocopied or just cut up to make whatever you like.  I like to make backgrounds for cards this way or postcards.  Any scraps can be used to make die cuts or popped into journals. It is a way of making your own background papers in your own color combinations.

Here are some samples of what we'll be working on during that class.  Everyone will have the option of using their own favorite colors, stamps, stencils, etc.


Postcard


Card

If you're available at that time please give the store a call (978 392-0321) and get on the list for this class.  I'd love to see you there!  

We're gearing up for the next big snow storm coming this evening.  We should end up with a foot of snow from this one.  Maybe we'll have a snowman on our lawn this time, I'll have to get Lanie over here with her parents.  I bought carrots for the nose or a carrot crown, just in case.

Thank you so much for stopping by, leave a comment if you have time.  Take care ~ Renee



8 comments:

  1. That is such a pity to read of another store having to close its doors.
    Renee, anyone able to attend your workshop is so lucky to have you as their teacher, what they will learn from you will be priceless.
    Fabulous masterboards and our cards show the amazing cards that can be created with them.
    Stay safe and stay warm!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it is so sad to see a local store close its doors even though I understand that all good things must come to an end. I wish Lori and Linda all the best in their new adventures! Thanks so much for your kind comment,Lynne. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will miss Ink About It too Renee. I enjoyed teaching there and thought the world of Lori and Linda. Enjoy teaching there at least one more time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard about Ink About It and was surprised. Sounds like it was a good decision for both of them to move on to the next stages of their lives. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally sad about another store...just so saddening! Love your masterboard though...fastest way to do some great stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Renee! Just learned yesterday about the closing of Ink About It. Although, it is not my *local* scrap store, it is certainly one that I have visited and even taken classes. It is just so very sad. The masterboard work you are sharing here is absolutely beautiful. What a grand way to create backgrounds for multiple projects. I am not able to get to your class, but wonder if you can contact Kate in Topsfield about teaching there! The storm was a bust north of Boston...hope it was for you, too! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kay, We didn't get much snow here either! That's a good thing. Thanks for the suggestion, next time I go up to AE I'll have to talk with her. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was sad to learn about Ink About It last week.... I have fond memories of meeting you there! Your Master Board class looks fantastic. Wish I lived closer and could come.

    ReplyDelete