Thursday, February 9, 2012

Black/White Zen-Mandala

I wondered what my mandala Zentangle would look like if I did it on a 12" piece of black card stock with a white Gelly Roll pen.  It really doesn't take as long as you would think to do one of these.  It took me a few hours max.  I considered it my morning stretch while I had my cup of coffee.  Just a few minutes here and there during the day and Voila!  it was done.  Try it yourself, don't over think it, just one stroke at a time, as Rick and Maria (the inventors of Zentangle) like to say.  You will notice that with each small rotation you get a different perspective of the wheel.
Kind of like life.
Now rotate the wheel slightly and you get a different look.
Look a little closer....
It is not perfect but then neither am I and that's OK.  Hope you will try it, it is very relaxing and fun.

1 comment:

  1. The bold look really grabs you, and then the intricate details keep the eyes engaged. I can imagine how relaxing it was to create it, especially when you're not focused on trying to be perfect...such a great attitude!

    ReplyDelete