Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Quote the raven...nevermore

Here is another little Edgar Allen Poe project.  I stamped the literary crow (stamp by Lost Coast) onto a piece of cardboard with Archival Black ink, used clear embossing powder and hit it with my heat gun.  I cut out the crow and glued the phrase (Alpha Stamps collage sheet) across his eyes.  Using StazOn Timber Brown ink I stamped the pen set from Stampers Anonymous, Tim Holtz Visual Artistry Collection across the bottom of the 5"x7" beige card stock.  I die cut the star out of some old book paper that has been reinforced with gesso on the back side.  I took a heart from Tim's grunge board collection and inked it with the Timber Brown ink and then heat embossed it with clear powder   I glued the hearts together and placed it a little off center.  Then I glued the red rhinestone heart by Nicole Crafts in the center to represent Poe's work called "The Telltale Heart".   After positioning the bird on the pen "fence", I cut some of my favorite phrases from the collage sheet and glued them randomly around the card.  Poe's stories are a bit scary but his poetry has always appealed to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment