Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Stampotique Designers Challenge ~ Budget Stamping ::SDC 205

This is the fourth challenge for July on the Stampotique Designers Challenge and Arwen is our host.  Arwen wants us to: "Stamp a background with things from the budget.  For example, sponges, foil, cutlery or the like."  That should be simple enough, we all have things like that around the house.  




I used gesso on the watercolor paper, this was scraped on with an old credit card.  Next I sprayed Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Pewter through a stencil. 



 I started really bringing out the household items at this point; paper clips, some twine covered in black ink, bottle caps and lids from cans of hairspray, etc.  The lids and caps make great circles on the background.  All that needs to be done is to coat them carefully with some black ink or paint, lightly press or even twist the design onto the background.  Another phrase stencil was brought in and I sprayed Sheer Shimmer in Pewter on top of the other textures and dried it.  I added color with a small amount of StazOn Studio Glaze in Orange Zest pushed through a stencil.   Here is my finished background.




Now it is time to pick the design for the card.  There are lots of different types of textures at this time, rough, smooth, shimmery and flat.  I chose to put a little more pattern on a black 3" square by using a stencil and some Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Copper.  Just spray and allow to dry.  I have stamped a Kate Crane image onto a "Twinchie" piece of paper and colored it in with Memento markers.  The edges are also inked to create depth.  I glued these together, then adhered them to the center of the card.



The final step is to glue this panel to a kraft colored blank card.  


I added the phrase "sing me a song" to a small scrap of white paper and glued it above the upper center of the card.

I hope you'll take on this challenge and share your results with us on the Stampotique blog!  There is a chance for you to win a $30 gift certificate for Stampotique Stamps.  Have fun ~ hugs ~ Renee

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely STUNNING card Renee. I LOVE how the colours pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute card Renee! That kind of challenge is like working backwards...to a time when the supplies couldn't be had. Nostalgic card making. LoL The young artists should get a kick out of creating the way we did in the olden days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool are the items you used in the background! LOVE the idea of paper clips..so fun! Cool and colorful piece!

    ReplyDelete