Friday, September 21, 2012

Day 2::Class 3 with Dina Wakley

Hello!  I'm almost back to normal, 10 hours of sleep and two shots of espresso really help.  I want to share the other classes I had with Dina.  The third class was called "Encaustic Tag Book".  This tag book is a beautiful golden color and smells like beeswax, because that is what it is coated with.  Lovely.   After building several layers of ink, tissue paper that had been stamped, acrylic and spray inks, beeswax, we fitted the tags into an accordion structure made from watercolor paper.


The ribbon was dyed with Dylusions spray inks and attached under the front cover of the book.  Also ribbon was attached to the tags.  Voila!  Pretty and it smells good, too.  One more class to share another day.  Have a great weekend.

5 comments:

  1. it looks gorgeous! have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, This is so fab! I love the look of your tag book~ Beautiful colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, it's gorgeous! We did that one with her last year... I think it's my favorite! Didn't you LOVE making this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Owww, it's getting better and better. I kept loking at this! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete