Monday, September 10, 2012

Inkssentials Foil Tape Sheets

I felt sad that I didn't get to do the Tim Holtz Tag with the real Foil Tape Sheets so I went to my LSS, Ink About It, and bought a pack of the sheets.  I really love this stuff!  I thought instead of doing another tag I would do a chunky ATC and see how it works on wood.  It works great.  I decided to emboss the foil tape before I started distressing it so I measured the pieces out to cover all six sides of the ATC and then used one of Tim's texture fades to give it some character.  After I glued the paper to the wood I followed his tutorial and distressed the surfaces with alcohol ink, etc.
If you look closely you can see the watch parts in the tiny bottle.  The handle is made from distressed grungeboard.  The images are stamps and G45 paper.  This was a fun project!

8 comments: