Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Unruly Paperarts Challenge with the theme "Take Flight"

The Reader Art Quest Challenge at Unruly PaperArts for August is about things that fly, with the theme Take Flight.  Well, that really covers a lot of flying things, doesn't it.  I decided to submit a tag I just completed.



I used a size #8 tag Ranger manila tag that measured 6 1/4" by 3 1/4".  I applied Distress Inks first in Rusty Hinge and Worn Lipstick and sprayed it with water to activate the inks.  When it was dry I stamped some Stampers Anonymous images on it with StazOn Black ink.  I was working on a different project at the same time so I wiped left over DWM Ruby Red acrylic paint onto the tag.  The image is cut out of Graphic 45 paper "Steampunk Spells" Collection. My lady in the image has wings so that is the Take Flight part of the challenge.  I stamped the word from PaperArtsy on scrap paper and then tore the edges and inked them.  A few cogs were glued in place with Beacon 3-in-1 glue.  I taped the piece at the bottom of the tag with some leftover Ranger Foil paper that had been embossed and then distressed the bottom with clear embossing powder and StazOn Jet Black ink.  To top it off I rubbed the same Distress Inks on some plain binding tape, sprayed it with water and let the colors mix up.  When dry I tied a big bow on the top.  My lady's face is covered with a thin sheet of Mica.

Thanks for stopping by!  Please leave a comment if you have time, I love hearing from you. ~ Renee xx

13 comments:

  1. This tag is gorgeous! Great colors, great layout and oodles of great details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful "steampunk" tag, Renee! I love this theme, including the traditional color palette. Lots of yummy elements and details here, but, I have to say my favorite is that bow! Wowser! I am so "bow challenged" that I am easily impressed, but this is just over-the-top million dollar quality! You rocked this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything you make Renee and this is no exception. Wonderful tag !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love her!! My oh my, you are so talented!! I love everything on this tag! As always Renee, you and your art inspire me! ")

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag, Renee...I love steampunk theme and as always I Love bright colours (funny, my creations are so monochromatic, but I love colours on others creations)....Very clever idea, to put Mica to adding more dimension!!!
    And thank you sooo much for all beautiful words you left on my posts...it means a world to me! Hugs from Slovenia

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a new favorite Renee! LOVE the images and warm tones. The longer shape is wonderful too! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous steampunk tag. Thanks for joining us at Unruly PaperArts this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for sharing your project, love that steampunk edge for the theme, the extra long tags are good fun aren't they, my creation is linked here: http://www.pearlmaple.com/mail-art/taking-flight/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one is full of life and rich in deep colors. Fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with Judy. Love the rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Renee I am loving your interpretation of our Take Flight Theme and those G45 papers are some of my favorites. Thanks so much for joining us at Unruly PaperArts this month. Danie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful steampunk interpretation of the theme. Thanks for sharing this at UPA. Helene, UPA columnist.

    ReplyDelete