Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Stencils and Stamps

I love to combine my products and techniques in projects.  The more products I can use the happier I am since I feel like I am getting more for my money.  Today I combined a canvas with stencils, stamps, inks and spray inks...oh, and pens, too!  I have over the past few weeks coincidentally created what appears to be a series of Dyan Reaveley stamped ladies on canvases.  So here is another with an attitude.

I began by cutting a piece of watercolor paper to fit the 6" by 6" canvas; I will do all the work on the paper first and then glue it to the canvas.  I stamped a post card image from Stampers Anon first using Tsukineko Radiant Neon Electric Blue pigment ink.  When this was dry I placed an Artistcellar Julie Fei-Fan Balzer "Scripted Profile" stencil over the paper and sprayed Imagine Crafts irRESISTible textured spray in the Angel Pink color through the stencil.  I lifted this straight up so it wouldn't smear and then set it aside to dry.  This texture spray feels like a liquid plastic when it is dry and shines.  Now that I had my background I stamped Dina Wakley's Lonely Girl stamp using StazOn Jet Black ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.


Looking for a little more character in her face, I stamped Dyan Reaveley's girls with attitude from the Dependable Dot Collection, colored it with Copics and then trimmed it out.  It fit perfectly glued onto her slender shoulders.


The phrase is also from Dyan's stamps and trimmed out.  I die cut a crown from scrap paper glued it to her head and added one word "me".  To distress the edges I used StazOn Midnight blue, direct to paper method.  Now to add it to the canvas, I glued the panel onto the canvas with Beacon 3-in-1 adhesive.


If this is all I wanted to do with the canvas I could have stopped here but I decided to add an antique crystal knob to the top with a bow.


Thanks for stopping by today.  Next Tuesday you will find me here again sharing tips on what to do with all those wonderful stencils!  I hope you're having a great summer.  Take care ~ Renee

5 comments:

  1. It's always fun and exciting to see new and inspiring ways to use what we already have. Love your new gal! That quote is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to replace her head ! Gorgeous project again, Renee !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you did her head Renee- she is so gal with a tude! ")
    I think stamps and stencils go hand in hand too!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Off with her head," yelled the Queen...eh, I mean Renee! Another great example of combining stencils and stamps. I also love to see you take something and put your own spin on it. This is no exception! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so know the feeling this sentiment invokes! LOVE it! The image is perfect too, and love the brights!

    ReplyDelete